Kitchen accident

Friday, June 22nd, 2001 - 10:55 am PDT

The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith suffered a mishap while making breakfast this morning when he accidentally got his head stuck in a Belgian waffle maker. It is unclear at this time exactly how this happened. Discovered hours later by a neighbor who had heard loud yelping noises, local police and firefighters were quickly called to the scene, but were unsure how to proceed. “It might be best to just leave it on at this point,” mused one. “We could try using the jaws of life,” offered another, “but it sure wouldn’t be pretty.”